On AnkiDroid, the only TTS language I can add is "English". I'd like to have Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and French, as well. How can I get these languages to load up?
NOT WORKING. The .mp3 files do not play on synced devices for some reason, even with a connection to the internet.
The Kindle Fire HD 7 has no support for engines that support Asiatic languages. So, you can either root the device and load in better engines, or:
- Get on Anki Desktop.
- Install the AwesomeTTS add-on.
- Restart Anki, then open the browser.
- Select the deck you want to add TTS to in the left-hand pane.
- Hit ctrl-a to select all of the cards you want to add readings to.
- Click "AwesomeTTS" in the drop-down menu.
- Select "add readings" and then follow the dialog.