On AnkiDroid, how do you sync from USB? I'm unable to find the option in settings. Is it just a matter of having your device plugged in via USB and having AnkiDesktop open?
AnkiDroid developer here.
It does not work so easily unfortunately.
Right now the easiest/safest would be:
- Export your decks as an APKG file
- Copy the APKG file over USB
- Open the APKG file in Anki Desktop
There is a more convenient solution but it is very difficult to set up initially:
- Set up Android to to Ethernet over USB
- Install your own sync server
- Compile AnkiDroid with your own sync URL