I need to install an app which requires root on my Samsung Galaxy tab(Verison). How can this be done?
I have not attempted this myself, but here are the steps that I found and seems pretty close to how I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S.
I am not responsible for any issues that arise from following these steps, including, but not limited to your device spontaneously bursting in to flames. I suggest you do additional research and see what others say about using the tools below and read EVERYTHING TWICE before doing it. And follow the instructions step-by-step.
- The firsts step is to make sure that you have KIES installed on your computer.
- Now download SuperOneClick Root App from here and save it on your desktop.
- Once this is done, turn your Samsung Galaxy Tab on and connect it with your computer. Make sure that you have USB debugging mode disabled and sync with KIES.
- Now disconnect Galaxy Tab from computer and enable USB Debugging mode. You can enable the USB debugging mode by Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging.
- Now reconnect your tab again to your PC and tap the Home button so that your Tab loses sync connection with KIES.
- Once done, launch SuperOneClick.exe and click on root. Please wait for 5 to 10 minutes while the application roots your Galaxy Tab.