Got me a shiny new Hudl 2 (8.3" Wi-Fi tablet with Android 4.4.2).
It's nice. It does the gmail and the facebook, etc.
What it doesn't do is play video from youtube, or other sources such as the BBC. This is either using the Youtube android app or inside the android chrome browser.
The behaviour is as follows:
- Video box is displayed but is paused and shows the 'play button' in the centre (the right facing triangle).
- Clicking on the play button, a few frames will play, maybe less than half a second of sound.
- Then it wall pause again. 'Play' button is displayed in the middle of the frame.
It's like as soon as you press play, it immediately pauses again. Constantly tapping the 'play' button gets a stop animation of the video.
I have tries the following to fix it:
- Un-installing and reinstalling the Youtube application.
- Clearing the Chrome browser cache (don't know why that was necessary but one website seemed to think it could fix it).
- Lowering the quality of the video, even down to the lowest possible setting.
I've tried this on both my home wifi and one other. In both cases, my Samsung Galaxy S4 (also Android 4.4.2) has no problems playing the exact same videos.
So, any advice?