My IMEI number has disappeared on my Nexus 5 and now I can neither call nor text.
Status of the phone says:
- Network: Unknown
- Mobile network type Unknown
- Service State: Out of service
- Mobile network state: Disconnected
- My phone number: Unknown
- IMEI: Unknown
- IMEI SV: Unknown
All of this happened after updating to Lollipop using bootloader.
I have tried several tutorial videos, such as:
- "How to Unroot Nexus 5 on Mac! - Restore to Complete Stock",
- "How to Upgrade, Downgrade, Restore ANY NEXUS Device on a Mac - Easiest Method"
Now is my Nexus downgraded to Android 4.4 and I can't text or call anyone. When I try to open the Camera I get the message "Unfortunately camera has stopped". The same thing happens with Google Play Store.
When I try to take a screenshot I get the message "Couldn't save screenshot. Storage may be in use." It's like it can't connect to the storage.
Can I fix this? Is it possible to restore the IMEI without any backup?
If not, should I lock the bootloader and send it to my carrier (I live in Sweden)?
Note: I have the IMEI number written down.