I want to root Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 running Android 4.4.4 Build Version KTU84P.I9305XXUFNI3.Can you please help
Many ways to root the i9305. 2 ways i recommend are to use chainfire's method (bit complex) or framaroot (easiest) To do all this,first have the USB debugging enabled. To do so,go to settings and navigate to "About Device". Keep pressing the build number 6 or 7 times til its says developer settings have been enabled. Go back and you will see "Developer Options" Open the developer options and check the USB debugging option.
- download framaroot
- Allow the framaroot downloaded app to be installed when there is a prompt to whether or not to install apps from unknown sources.
- Open the app and select Aragorn
- Reboot and you shall have the device rooted.
- Update the supersus from the google play store, then open the Supersu app and update the binary. It will ask if you want to disable knox,select yes.
- download CF-Auto-Root and extract to a folder.
- Turn phone off.
- Press the volume down,home screen button together. Then while pressing those 2, press the lock key and it will ask to whether reboot or go into download mode.
- Take note rooting voids warranty. Press volume down to continue to download mode.
- Now open the extracted folder and open odin. Select PDA and select the CF AutoRoot MD5 file. Connect phone via usb and lick start. It will do everything and reboot.
- Update the supersu from the google play store, then open the Supersu app and update the binary. It will ask if you want to disable knox,select yes.
- Then reboot and its fully rooted.
Always consider donating to the developer of framaroot and supersu (chainfire).
The following is the standard root method for most Samsung devices, using Chainfire's Auto-Root.
- Download and install appropriate USB drivers.
Enable USB Debugging.
- Go to `Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number until message appears.
- Now go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Backup your Apps, Contacts, Logs, Messages and Settings using Kies or a third party app like Helium.
- Download CF-Auto-Root package (file: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.zip)
- Extract CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.zip to your desktop.
- Switch off your device. Press Volume Down, Home and Power button altogether until you see the warning triangle. Now press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator privileges.
- You will see the COM port number in the ID: COM box, which means the connection has been established successfully.
- In the Odin window, click on the PDA button (or AP for older version) and select the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5
- Make sure Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked.
- Click on the Start button to initiate the process and observe the on-going process in the Message screen on the bottom-left of the Odin window.
- Once the process is complete, you will be indicated by a PASS message.
To verify if your device has been successfully rooted, install Root Checker and then update SuperSU binaries.