Try these steps as seen @ how-to-set-up-hotmail-on-android:
1) Tap on “Email” in your app drawer
2) You should see the Email Setup screen. Type in your email address and password. Tap Next.
- If you encounter an error, repeat Steps 1 and 2 (DON’T press Next). Move on to Step 3.
3) Once you’ve typed in your details, tap on “Manual Setup”.
4) Select “Exchange” from the list of options.
5) Fill out the fields as indicated below in the Account Setup window:
Domain\Username: delete the “\” and type in your full email address
Password: type in your Hotmail password
Server: type in “debug-m.hotmail.com”.
If that doesn’t work, repeat Steps 1 – 4 and use “m.hotmail.com”
If that doesn’t work either, repeat Steps 1 – 4 and use “blu-m.hot mail.com”
Make sure the Security Type is “SSL/TLS”
6) Tap on “Next”.
7) Choose whatever options you want (how frequently it should check for email, how much it should sync etc.). Tap on “Next”.
8) A little loading icon may appear as it syncs your email account.
9) Congratulations! Your email is all set up and you can now set a name for the mailbox.
Your account should be completely set up by now. It should be syncing your email as you read this very sentence. Once again, this setup has only been tested on @hotmail.com and @hotmail.co.uk accounts.
Alternatively, you can always create a new GMail account and integrate your hotmail one with it (Allow you to seen your hotmail emails inside the GMail interface) as seen @ guidingtech.com and then add the GMail account.