I have an LG Optimus L5 (LG-E612) that has been acting up since five days ago. I would like to wipe device clean and do not mind if I lose data I have on device, however, I unable to do this.
- Device randomly restarts and subsequently ends up in state it was in when I first noticed problem---on December 25
- An attempt to uninstall apps the normal way results in immediate device reboot
- An attempt to uninstall apps via adb results in immediate device reboot
- Factory reset fails
Configuration details are as follows:
Android version: 4.0.3 Baseband version: MSM7225A-1-AA Kernel version: 3.0.8-perf Build number: IML74K Software version: V10b-NOV-12-2012
This is what I have tried so far:
- Factory reset via 'Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything' fails---nothing happens
- Factory reset using hardware keys combination(Volume- + Power + Home) fails---mobile device reboots after five seconds
- Attempting to erase seemingly problematic partitions (cache; userdata) results in immediate reboot
- 'adb reboot recovery' results in device reboot after five seconds
- I have attempted flashing... flashing process appears successful but problem still persists
Official LG Software Updater Tool
- This was probably the last straw. I hooked up phone via usb, in debugging + PC Suite mode... this was a success but problem is still there
PS: I tried asking for help on XDA when I initially noticed problem, but nothing useful has come out of that thread.
Update #1: Observations Whilst in Safe Mode
When I boot device in Safe Mode (Power on and then pressing Volume-& Volume+ together), random restart behaviour diminishes. I can even uninstall apps. I even have full root access. However, problem resurfaces the moment I reboot device---the installed apps pop right back...
Is there anything I can do to permanently clean up and fix device?
Update #2: Manual data purge in Safe Mode
In a desperate attempt to delete all apps, I manually ran
rm commands on
/cache... still no luck. Device returns to previous state after rebooting. I believe it is safe to say I have completely run out of ideas here...