Scenario: Playing a mix playlist in car dock in landscape mode. Like current song and want to see name.
How do I do this?
Things I've tried:
- Collapsing the video just shows the mini player in the corner with playlist in background, no video info.
- Onscreen menus have no choices that show video info.
- Tapping while playing also shows no video info.
Workarounds, sort of:
- I can turn the device to portrait and info shows. Not convenient when in dock or while driving.
- I can share the video with myself via email then scroll down and read the email body without sending it. Also inconvenient and stops the song since YouTube can't play in background. (And, philosophically, this is a goofy way to do this.)
How can I see the name of the video (song in my case) currently playing? I'm sure there is a simple way that I am just missing.
Android 4.4.2, and whatever the latest version of YouTube is at the time of this writing, with the new fancy red top bar.