I'm trying to find out what cell company this cell phones from? If anybody has any idea please let me know? I have a fido SIM card and it fits into the Samsung but has that lock icon on it.
The following sim-unlock procedure works for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-9505 Model):
- Dial *#0011#
This will take you to the following screen 2. Press Menu button then tap "BACK"
- Tap on the Menu button again, but this time press Key Input.
- Enter 1 and Press OK
- Your are now in the SERVICE MODE MAIN MENU: Press 1 UMTS
- Press 1 DEBUG SCREEN
- Press 6 Phone Control
- Press 6NETWORK LOCK
- Then tap 3PERSO SHA256 OFF
- Go back to the UMTS MAIN MENU by pressing Menu then Back then tap 6COMMON
- Then select 6NV REBUILD
- Then tap 4RESTORE BACK UP
The Galaxy S4 will freeze, black screen, Blue LED Light, Menu and Back key ON. Wait for it to reboot (takes about a minute). Afterwards your device should be sim-unlocked.