If you use Linux - download heimdall-frontend so you can use GUI. It is much easier.
To flash using Heimdall you first need to specify
.pit stands for Partitions Information Tables, so Heimdall knows where it need to flash it.
To flash TWRP using Heimdall follow this steps:
- Open Heimdall frontend.
- Go to Utilities tab.
- You will see Download PIT. Go Save As and save it on some location.
- Go to Flash tab.
- In PIT category, click Browse and select PIT file you downloaded from device in step 3.
- Click Add button.
- For partition name select where you want to flash it. BE CAREFUL! If you flash it on wrong partition you can perma-brick device. On my device for recovery it is Kernel2.
- Go Browse for file and select
- In Session let everything unchecked.
- Click Start.
Note1 : REPARTITION MUST STAY UNCHECKED!!!
Note2: This can brick device, be careful, here on site, we do NOT hold responsibility for your device.
Note3: If you're on Windows, just use Odin...