How secure and private is Wunderlist? For example does it only transfer data in encrypted form but stores it unencrypted? I would like to be able to store passwords relating to work on my phone but am not sure this is safe enough.
Wunderlist is safe for all kind of data storage.
- Data is encrypted in transit by 256-bit SSL encryption.
- Passwords are encrypted through the same protocol in transit and at rest.
- Data put into Wunderlist is stored specifically on 6 Wunderkinder servers, operated by Amazon Web Services in Ireland.
- As such, 6 Wunderkinder abides by EU and German data/privacy protection requirements, traditionally stricter than US requirements.
- Those maintaining the servers operated by Amazon Web Services are trained and screened to the utmost standard. Their site on compliance: http://aws.amazon.com/compliance/
- Lastly, 6Wunderkinder’s practices passed through a 3rd party audit, performed by Stratum Security in 2013. If you have any more questions, especially regarding industry-specific compliance, please reach out to use via email@example.com