For issues caused by a broken screen/digitizer
As most user interaction with Android devices involve a touchscreen, things get tricky at best if you managed to break that one: How would you e.g. unlock your device, or enter your encryption password on boot? How to recover your data before sending the device to repair? What use can such a device be if it's no longer worth being repaired – but still too valued to be simply thrown away?
From those examples you can already guess some related tags:
- touchscreen: questions dealing with the touch-screen in general
- data-recovery: questions dealing with data recovery in general
It is a good idea to combine this tag with a related tag to make things straight: using e.g.
data-recovery does make pretty clear where you're headed.
- Securely wiping a phone with a broken screen / How do I erase all the data on Galaxy S4 if the screen is broken?
- Broken screen while debug mode was disabled. How can I re-enable adb?
- Change MTP/PTP for a Galaxy S4 w/ a Broken Screen
- Enable ADB and/or change USB connection mode on Galaxy S7 w/ broken screen
- Resize screen for Dead touch zone
- Partially dead digitizer - any way to change slide to unlock?
- Resize screen to display only on working part of semi-functional touchscreen
- Second use
- How to continue using an android system with a broken touchscreen? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange
- Control Android with broken screen from PC / How can I control my Azpen Android Tablet with a broken screen without root or usb debugging?
- Broken Screen + Using adb shell to run vnc server
- My screen got broken, how to see on the computer what I'm doing in my device?
- Turn a Android Phone with broken screen into dedicated Web server
- Data Recovery
- How do I backup data (SMS/contacts) from a device with a broken screen?
- S3 screen broken, developer mode on, how to transfer data
- How to backup broken screen phone when USB debugging IS NOT enabled?
- How to perform a full system dump/backup with a broken screen?
- Mount Android encrypted data partition on PC