Generic tag for questions regarding mobile network telephone calls using your Android device. Please check first if a more specific tag exists for your issue (e.g. 'voip' or 'callerid'; the full tag wiki lists more examples).
Telephone calls may no longer be the primary function of many smartphones, but it is still an important function. This tag is for questions dealing with phone calls on your carrier's mobile network.
With "calls" being quite generic, our site has a lot of more specific tags. If your issue is closer matched by one of them, please use the more specific tag instead:
- callerid: issues with CLIP/CLIR etc. (showing/hiding your or the other end's number)
- call-screening: issues with blocking or otherwise handling calls from specific numbers
- call-waiting: issues with calls incoming while you're just in a call
- dialer: the app for making calls
- dialer-codes: special codes that, when entered in the dialer, start a special action
- fring: a VoIP service/app similar to skype
- skype: the Skype app also allows to make voice or video calls
- viber: another VoIP app and service
- voip: Voice-over-IP generic tag. Use this for VoIP issues not covered by a closer matching tag (e.g. sip, skype, or viber)