Trigger & Event based Automation and More for your Android devices
Tasker allows you to automate your Android device based on the active application, time, date, location, event, gesture) or via home screen widget. Tasker is so powerful that you can create apps with Tasker App Factory and share what you've created without knowing coding.
Example actions via tasker:
- Turn on GPS when Google Maps starts; turn off GPS when Google Maps closes
- Read incoming text messages aloud
- Automate Cloud backups
- Show a list of your music apps when you plug in headphones
- Turn off Pattern Lock while on home wifi
- Teach your phone to play Angry Birds
- Create your own Voice assistant
- Save your battery without having root
- Create your own Widget
A lot of apps have either Tasker-support built in, or done so via a Tasker plugin. The Tasker wiki has the complete list, last update on 3 Jul 2014, 14:21. If you are having trouble, you can check out the Tasker UserGuides (available in different languages) for yourself. If you end up with more questions, the developer and the part of the tasker community can be found on Reddit and the Official Tasker Google Group, where the dev will answer questions that stump many experienced users
You can find 7-day-trial version on the Tasker website if you want to try it before you buy it.
- automation: For more generic questions on "how to automate things with Android"
- llama: a free alternative to Tasker. By far not that mighty, but sufficient for many cases/users.
- locale: one of the first automation solutions. Quite easy to use, but not as powerful as... Tasker :)