You can use the Google's Text-to-Speech app from the playstore. It allows you to read text on the screen aloud by using the device's text-to-speech feature.
As mentioned in the description, it can be used by:
• Google Play Books to “Read Aloud” your favourite book.
• Google Translate to speak translations aloud so you can hear the pronunciation of a word.
• TalkBack and accessibility applications for spoken feedback across your device.
• And many other applications in Play Store
How to use?
To use Google Text-to-speech on your Android device, go to
Settings > Language & Input > Text-to-speech output. Select
Google Text-to-speech Engine as your preferred engine.
Text-to-Speech Screenshot - Click to enlarge image
To start listening to books:
- Open the Google Play Books app Google Play Books app.
- Open a book.
- Touch the center of your screen.
- Touch Menu Menu > Read aloud.
Many books from Google Play can be read aloud. If you don't see the "Read aloud" option, that means the book is in a format that doesn't allow it. Learn more about file types that allow reading aloud.