I have a single app (ES File Explorer) that I want to prevent from updating and I don't quite understand what is happening.
- Removed the app from My Apps in the Play Store
- Turned off my network connection
- Uninstalled the new version
- Side loaded the old version
- Immediately unchecked the auto update within the app (maybe about 30 sec later)
- Turned my network back on
If I now check My Apps, there is an update for the app waiting and if I turn auto update back on, it will update to the new version.
If the app is not listed on My Apps - All (and I rechecked) and auto update is turned off within the app, what is causing this app to update and how do I prevent it?