I am a massive novice when it comes to this, please can you help? I bought a S7 edge SM-G9350 from hongkong but it did not GooglePlay etc. I live in the UK and wondered how to get my phone software to be the same as UK phones? I saw this link but it is a bit advanced for my understanding. Thank you.

  • Well, the answer will be quite the same as those you referred to. You can try some stock ROMs from Sammobile and check if they have English onboard. If you bother particularly about Google Apps, they can be installed separately. – Suncatcher Apr 13 '17 at 14:41
  • thank you. I only need to get access to Google play store. if I can get that then I won't need to change ROM. can you tell me how? thank you – bobmcpop Apr 13 '17 at 22:28

Obtain Gapps from here, and then in fact you have two alternatives:

  1. Install custom recovery via Odin and then flash Gapps with it.

  2. Try to install Gapps via adb sideload. Not all devices/vendors allow this, but you can try.

    Firstly you need enable ADB, then drop the Gapps zip-archive into folder with ADB and run

    adb sideload gapps.zip

There is also manual way of install (described for example here), but it's rather cumbersome.

| improve this answer | |
  • Thank you. I flashed my rom from the China version to HK version, which has googleplaystore. There are some issues now however- can't send SMS, can't use dial pad during calls. Is this a common problem when flashing Roms? Can I flash a UK rom (different model number) onto this phone? – bobmcpop Apr 22 '17 at 15:44
  • At least, you can try to flash UK ROM. And no, it is NOT common problems, unless the regional versions of phones have significant differences which might be your case. SM-G9350 seems to be compatible only with SM-G9358, and only partially. – Suncatcher Apr 22 '17 at 15:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.