I have a Samsung S10e, with android 11.
Whenever I use the camera, I hear a very mild sound that appears as if it were produced by an actual mechanical displacement of parts, not coming from the speaker. It is similar to the (old) point-and-shoot cameras when autofocusing.
- Is that possible?
- If so, is there any way of confirming this?
- If the sound is "mechanical", is that normal/expected, or is it a sign of something wrong (even if perhaps not serious)? (see link below)
Shutter sound and Vibration feedback are set to Off.
Sounds are produced, e.g., when I:
- activate the Camera app
- exit the Camera app
- open settings in the camera app (with the cog)
- exit settings in the camera app
- change mode (photo, video, more, etc.)
Sounds are not produced when I take pictures
If I shake the phone I hear a mild noise as well (not exactly the same). It is louder if I shake it up and down, than if I shake it left-right. Perhaps related to the OIS, but not sure...
This warns about upcoming failure.