Ok. Long story short I'm an idiot. I have a rooted Kyocera Hydro, with no recovery(no access to cpu to port my own). I deleted stock file and internet browsers. I also have no access to the play store because im only on wifi and the signal bars are grey. In an attempt to fix that I did a factory reset. So, since no signal, cannot sign in to google account, no file or internet browser. I have all my apps backed up on the sd cards, and other phones to bluetooth files. By changing .apk to .jpg I can send es file over, but cannot change back to install. am I missing something. Is there any way to install es remotely with out a cpu. Oh and I can't flash stock rom cause no recovery mode. Help?
You cannot install
apk without a computer or working Wi-Fi or data connection.
But, you can install
adb to your device.
Disclaimer: You need a computer/laptop in order to accomplish this.
Since the device is operational, you can enable
USB debugging. Then follow the steps given in this thread.
An excerpt from the thread is given below.
You can manually install your app by doing the following:
- Install Android SDK tools from this page (Download for other platforms → SDK Tools Only.)
- Install USB drivers for the phone (usually from manufacturer's site.)
- Turn on USB debugging on the phone (in Settings → Developer options)
- Connect the phone via USB (you can also do this over Wi-Fi with a number of apps if the phone is rooted.)
- Open Command Prompt or Terminal and navigate to the "platform-tools" sub-directory of where you installed the SDK tools.
- Issue the following command:
adb install path_to_apk\your_app.apk
Keep in mind though that you are still essentially "letting them have" the apk, since the installation simply copies the APK file to the appropriate directory on the phone (usually
/data/app-private) and registers it with Android's Package Manager. A knowledgeable enough user can still retrieve the APK.
Thanks to Chahk for his answer. Thank him for the solution.
Correction: In step 1, in place of SDK tools, you can just copy just the platform binaries (
fastboot) and continue to step 2.