I recently got an Android HTC G7 phone which claims to be Android 2.2. But I do not see any Google applications installed (market, maps etc). Is there a way to install these libraries and get started?
The G7 is not actually made by HTC, it's a cheap knockoff. I don't believe it actually runs Android.
There is no phone from HTC named G7, the HTC G7 Desire is in fact a clone of the HTC Desire phone which runs Windows phone 6.5.
How to identify a Desire clone:
- Dual SIM
- Run Windows instead of Android.
- The rear speaker is on the left side of the camera.
- The 3.5 jack connector is on the bottom of the phone side by side with USB connector.
- Single SIM
- Runs Android
- The rear speaker is on the right side of the camera, just like the flash.
- The 3.5 jack connector is on the top of the phone (top right corner)