I'm using Chrome canary and this check mark has appeared. I don't know why it appeared and what it means? Page is bookmarked but others from here are too but no mark; page isn't saved for offline reading. Any thoughts? Also how do I remove it?! (Click image to enlarge)
After unsuccessfully trying rather complex fixes suggested on google forums, I ended up clicking on the three dots next to the search bar, going to downloads and searching the site with the checkmark (using the magnifying glass at the top of the pg.) Clicked the three dots next to the site download listing and clicked delete, and the annoying tick was gone.
Chrome thinks the webpage is downloaded for offline viewing.
This also happened to me today. I fixed it (removed the check marks) by doing the following:
In the Chrome settings:
- Click "Privacy and security"
- Click "Clear browsing data"
- Make sure that only "Cached images and files" is checked
- Set the "Time range" to "Last 24 hours" (longer if necessary)
- Click "Clear data"
- If you can, make sure that the sites that have the downloaded check mark icon next to them on the home page are selected, and deselect all of the other sites
- Click "Clear"
- Wait a bit while it is busy "Clearing browsing data"
- Go back to the home page and refresh it
- Be happy that the check marks are now finally gone