I can't reset my Galaxy Tab 2 to factory settings. I know that you can when turning it on but the problem is that I installed a sort of ios onto the device and have forgotten the password and it won't let me turn it off without being logged in, but I can't unlock it. Please help
According to Verizon, if you cannot perform a factory reset from the Settings app, you can perform one by following these steps:
- Power the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Select Power off.
- Select OK. Note: If the screen doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume up key then press and hold the Power key. Note: USB cable must be disconnected.
- When the Samsung logo appears, release the Volume up key and Power key.
- From the Android system recovery screen, press the Volume keys to select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power key.
- Press the Volume keys to select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power key.
- Press the Volume keys to select reboot system now then press the Power key.
- Perform Initial Activation and Setup.
You can read more at the Verizon website (Tab 2 Troubleshooting: Hard Reset).