I'm using gmail and inbox in my browser, they just work fine. However, on Android the Gmail app or Inbox app both displays nothing left whereas I do have emails in my inbox. If I try to switch in other categories such as spams or trash, it displays "No network" even though I'm connected.
I have a rooted phone with JB 4.2.2 (deodexed) and:
- Greenify Pro
- Xprivacy (not for system apps)
- I removed some system apps using ROM Toolbox but only samsung's bloat
- turning off Greenify auto-hibernate and Xprivacy for inbox
- deleting data of Gmail, Inbox, or Google Play Services. When I try to use Inbox it now asks me to connect and then says that an error occured and try again later.
- download manager is not disabled
- removed /system/etc/hosts