I have a stock Nexus 5 with 5.1.1
Since last Friday, Google Play Music can no longer access music put in the Music folder AND my custom ringtones which are in Ringtones folder can no longer be found.
- I've rebooted countless times.
- I've tried to Clear Cache and memory for Google Play Music
- I've tried to Clear cache for Storage
- I tried to use Android File Transfer to download the songs again but it won't even start
- I've used a File Manager app to confirm the files are in there
- I've used Poweramp and it is able to play the music
- If using File Manager, I tap on a song, Google Play Music can actually play it.
My next step would be to reset my phone but I really don't want to go there.