- I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 (mini, if that makes a difference) rooted through Odin
- I made a back-up of the Gallery app & data with Titanium Backup
- I deleted the Gallery app
- I want the Gallery app back as deleting it has been causing problems on my phone
I have tried:
- restoring the app through Titanium Backup. TB ends up getting stuck in an infinite restore loop and does not restore the app (although it does create a 0B entry in the app registry or whatever)
- extracting the TB backup, copying it in the /system/app/Gallery folder, and installing it through ES File Explorer. On installing, I get the error "there was a problem parsing the package."
I don't know what to try next and am not very knowledgeable in flashing, etc. What is the easiest, safest, and least painful way to restore my Gallery app? Is there somewhere I could re-download it?
Edit: When trying to install the app from the Downloads folder from ES File Explorer, it attempts to install the app but then gives "App not installed" error.