For some reason that completely escaped me, this here Samsung S3 mini stopped connecting automatically to my home network, always requiring me to re-type the wifi password.
Since then, I noticed that it's not just for my home network, but for all wifi networks.
More concretely, here's a sample of what happens:
- I try to connect to a WPA-protected wifi.
- Android asks for the password.
- After I provide it, the phone connects successfully.
- I turn off the wifi (on the phone).
- I turn it back on.
- The phone doesn't auto-connect to the wifi.
- I explicitly select the wifi network to connect to.
- Android again asks for the password I typed in a minute earlier.
Any idea how that can happen? What could I have done to deserve this? What could I do to redeem myself and fix this problem?
More details: "forget"thing ("disconnect"ing from) the network explicitly makes no difference (it still doesn't remember the password next time around), rebooting the phone neither. This phone is running Android-4.4.2, is not rooted.