I have a Google Nexus One with Android 2.2. I didn't like the default SMS-application so I installed Handcent-SMS. Now when I get an SMS, I get notified twice. How can I fix this?
The clearest answer I've seen is here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/8328-how-guide-disable-double-notifications-when-using-handcent-sms.html
- Open the "messaging" from the app drawer
- Push the "menu" button(the 2nd button from left on the bottom of your Droid
- Click SETTINGS
- Scroll down and UNCHECK "Notifications"
- To futher disable the mssaging app you can UNCHECK " Auto-Retrieve"(this prevents the "Messaging" App from even downloading messages.
- Exit the app. Rejoice. Live long and Prosper. Yay!