Today and yesterday I tried to upgrade my HTC One X+ from CM 10.2 to CM 11. I knew from before that if I use the build-in updater (Settings-->About phone-->CyanogenMod updates), it successfully restarts and performs the flashing. However after that it gets stuck during booting and the CyanogenMod icon keeps spinning.
From this: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-cm11s-cm12-nightlies.231709/ I think it's most likely that the problem lays with Gapps. This means I have to manually update CM 11 in the TWRP menu and then Gapps. However flashing either CM 11 or Gapps for CM 11 like this, gives an error that it failed.
This is strange for the following reasons:
- Flashing CM 10.2 or Gapps for CM 10.2, it succeeds
- Flashing using build-in CyanogenMod updates, it works with the exact same .zip
I tried first flashing Gapps for CM 11 (it still starts CM 10.2 after this) and then flashing CM 11 both using CyanogenMod updates. However now it hangs a bit at the HTC screen and then automatically goes to TWRP.
Any inspiration why using Install in TWRP fails? What do I do wrong that I cannot properly update to CM 11?
- Device: HTC One X+ (enrc2b)
- Current Cyanogenmod: cm-10.2.1-enrc2b.zip
- Trying to install: cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-M12-enrc2b.zip
- Custom recovery for Android: TWRP v126.96.36.199 (https://twrp.me/)