The apps kept crashing on my phone (even MIUI Home) so I shut it down using the long power press and selecting shut down/power off option.
When I powered it back on, it just stays stuck on the Samsung logo boot screen with the yellow warning sign (which has been there ever since I rooted it).
Here's what I tried which didn't work:
- List item
- cleared cache, dalvik, fixed permissions - FAIL
- with above, it means booting into CWM works fine but booting into OS fails
- reflashed with MIUI i9100 ICS 2.12.14 (still downloading 3.1.25 as I type this) - FAIL
- removed micro SD and SIM and tried booting - FAIL
- earlier today, it started doing the crashing thing too but after reboot, it went into Safe mode. I rebooted again to get out of safe mode. After booting back normally into OS, all my non-system apps were out of there arranged folders and just listed in the next home screens like they were all reinstalled.
So I got to backing up my data with CWM and did a data wipe and it now boots successfully.
I need to restore my data. Can't work with a fresh wipe.
With this, at least I know it's not a HW problem. Or is it? :O